CINE is thrilled to once again offer an extraordinary opportunity to film students, made possible by the Berklee College of Music’s Film Scoring Department: On a limited basis, CINE can pair student filmmakers with student composers and sound designers from Berklee, named one of the top music schools in the entertainment industry by The Hollywood Reporter.
Filmmakers with a work-in-progress in all genres — animation, live action and documentary — are invited to apply to work with a Berklee composer and/or sound designer/editor.
There is no charge to apply or participate, but there are a limited number of spots available. Films will be accepted on a rolling basis and you will be contacted within one week of submission. The applications will close as soon as all spots are filled.
For FAQs and Berklee’s terms and conditions, click here. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com or 507-400-CINE (2463).
Practicum Student Film Collaboration Timeline, Fall 2017
- Applications will be open until filled, closing Friday, September 29 at the latest.
- Week of October 2-6 (Berklee Week 5): Student composers/sound designers apply to student filmmakers.
- By Monday, October 16 (Berklee Week 7): Composers/sound designers are “hired”
- By Monday, October 30 (Berklee Week 9): Picture locked, spotting session completed,
contract signed, quicktime workprint delivered to composer and/or audio
elements delivered to sound designer.
- By Friday, December 15 (Berklee Finals Week) or sooner if pre-arranged in contract: Final music/sound delivered to filmmaker.
Disclaimer: CINE will not evaluate or provide feedback on any footage provided. Final participants will be selected by the Berklee College of Music’s Film Scoring Program.